Sunday, December 29, 2013

Floods

Floods are composed of many tears
Piled up and collected throughout the years.
Some tears trickle down your face.
Others are stubborn and stay in place...causing a flood.

What I know is that floods occur when the sewers are not capable of holding all the water.  The sewers become backed up.

When our emotional sewers are backed up with hurts that have gone unresolved, emotional floods are bound to occur.  We must deal with the pain that we feel when people injure us.

How do we do that?  The answer is simple:  Have a conversation with God.

I spoke with God this morning and cried my eyes out.  Over the past two weeks, I have been scolded as if I am a child.  I have been accused of being a type of person I am not.  I have been removed from "friends" lists because I dared to go against the grain of what other people think my norm should be and actually spoke my mind.  How dare I?  

When taken alone, these things are not bad; but when piled together (because I never really dealt with the emotional impact of them), they became a flood.  Have you ever been so emotionally clogged that you could barely speak because the pain was so great?  You may have found it difficult to even cry.  That is where I was this morning. 

I am so thankful that I serve a God who allows room for our errors and loves us in spite of them.  I am also grateful to serve a God who listens to our cries and hurts with us.

Am I still hurt?  Yes.  However, I was able to release a little of the pain.  I am no longer backed up.

What I am is resolved.  I will not allow dead leaves (people who are quick to notice my faults and disregard my true character of kindness) to clog my emotional sewer ever again.  This is what God has revealed to me.  My value is legitimate because my value comes from God.  He and He alone knows my true character and gives me validation.

Go ahead and cry a little today.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I pray that you received something insightful that will bless you throughout your life.