Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Children of the Storm - Part 2

Imagine being on the opposite side of town from where your child is when a tornado warning is issued.  What do you do?  Call your child to issue safety instructions?  Stay put and hope for the best?  Rush to his or her side in spite of the potential danger to yourself?  Or do you pray that God will take care of your child?   

When you see a storm is getting ready to strike in the path of where your child is headed, know that God has already set up a standard against that storm and it won't prosper.

I witnessed that firsthand this past weekend.  Praises be to God for blocking snares.


There is a product called 'The Refuge' that is designed to keep you safe during an actual tornado.

There is a God called spoken of in Psalm 46:1 that will keep you safe during your spiritual storms.

Since we would be considered irresponsible parents if we saw a tornado coming and didn't take ourselves and our children to the place designed to keep us safe until the tornado passes, doesn't it stand to reason that it is also our responsibility to rush to God, our refuge, when a spiritual storm is approaching.

My children know that should a tornado strike, they should go underneath the basement stairs in our home and cover themselves with blankets from the laundry room.  If I am not home, all I can do is pray they will remember.  The same applies to their spiritual storms.  I had to teach my children over and over to go to God when they are being battered by the winds.  I had to let them witness me doing the same.

My children learn to run to God through scripture.  You can call us bible thumpers or Holy Ghost rollers until you can't any longer, but I have relief in knowing they know how to stand on the promises of God and apply them to their lives.

Let us be responsible parents and keep our children as safe as we can by teaching them the Word of God.  What do you think?

Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I pray that you received something insightful that will bless you throughout your life.