Monday, January 30, 2012

Dreaming in Storm Mode

Early this morning I had a dream.  In my dream I was in a terrible storm.  I got news from my son Michael that my younger son Jordan had been killed by a driver at The University of Akron.  I did not understand how that could have happened.  He had only been nipped by the car's mirror.

When I got the news, I was so saddened by it that I could not even cry.  In reality, I have never felt a sadness that solid and deep in all my life.  As I called Jordan's grandmother to give her the news, I felt a spirit of calm through my remorse.  Although I was hurting, I felt the comfort of God telling me that I would go on because I could go on.

When I awakened, I felt such a relief that it had only been a dream.  That is when I began to cry from my core.  Try as I might, I could not hold the moan and cries in. 

After calming down, I realized that I should not focus on his dying in the dream.  Instead, I should focus on the promise in the dream.

I used to always say, "If something happened to one of my kids, they would just have to put me away."  I stopped saying that two years ago.  I did not want to give the devil a reason to try to prove me right.
God showed me in my dream that even in the darkest hour and during the darkest storm, there is comfort and hope.

I kissed Jordan as he slept this morning.  I woke him up and kissed him again.  I told him about my dream, cried, hugged him as he hugged me back and kissed him again.

He just sent me a text that reads, "Every time it comes to mind, just remember:  God ain't done with me yet."

I know, Jordan; and "ain't" isn't a word.






                                                                                                              

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your dream with us... There was a very important lesson in that dream and I am so glad that God has touched you, Sheila in such a way as to be able to creatively express yourself and help others at the same time... I agree with your mindset when you said, "I did not want to give the devil a reason to try to prove me right." We have to unlearn all the negative affirmations that are meant for good, but only gives the enemy an avenue to "try" to destroy our souls... Glory to God! Yes... God brings us comfort and hope in times of trouble and in our darkest hours... What a Blessing. ~+~

    I would also like to say that the picture of Jordan is really nice! He is truly your son... what I mean by that is, He exudes "you"... the essence of you... your qualities... your uniqueness... your beauty... and he plays the cello...?! Wow... :)

    ... and then, there's your last comment... love it! ... "ain't" isn't a word... nice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I pray that you received something insightful that will bless you throughout your life.